Monday, February 8, 2016

Social Book Marking

Social Book Marking...my more tech savvy friends introduced me to this concept when I started whining about my school-issued laptop being collected for re-imaging each summer. All those bookmarks deleted from Safari, or Google Chrome, or Firefox...woe is me!

Not any more! I've been using a FREE account at Diigo for a number of years. I can add it to my tool bar so that I can quickly copy and paste a link to any website. I can make labels and categories to keep all my Shakespeare sites accessible and separate from all my teaching writing websites. 

Some ideas: pinterest, delicious, linkedin, reddit, are just a few of the many free social bookmarking websites available. 

Here's a link to a down n' dirty list of the top 10 social bookmarking sites for educators.




No comments:

Post a Comment